Saratoga Springs NY 12866
Summary of Qualifications
▪ Detail-oriented, with excellent multitasking and organizational abilities.
▪ Strong troubleshooting, installation and configuration proficiency.
▪ Exceptional focus and follow through abilities, track record of efficiency and productivity.
▪ Diverse professional development including systems setup and administration.
▪ Strong Supervisory skills. Workflow management. Quality and Production Control.
▪ Excellent Customer Service and support.
▪ Proven ability to translate complex technical concepts.
▪ Create training documents and teach students.
A+ Computer Support Specialist, Incident Management, Network Operations Monitoring, Call Center Management, Vendor Management, Logistics Management. PC, Windows NT/95/98/2000/XP, ServiceNow ITIL, LAN/WAN, Lotus Notes, Internet Explorer Internet/Intranet, Microsoft Office 2003, Guardian Edge encryption software, Blackberry Desktop Manager, Service Center version 6.2, Cisco Systems VPN, DCSE Server/Desktop/Notebook, HP Desktop, IBM Server, Video Teleconferencing, Unix
2011 - Present (5 Years) Principle Technician Factory Automation Engineer
· Perform duties as a Principle Technician Factory Automation Engineer
· Perform administrative duties and training for ServiceNow (ITIL) help-desk software
· Perform administrative duties and training for factory systems
· Proactively monitor factory automation systems and identify and communicate opportunities for improved system performance, procedures and troubleshooting documentation
· Troubleshoot complex equipment and systems using documented procedures
· Perform preventative maintenance and repair of complex electro-mechanical systems following detailed procedures
· Adhere to established EHS standards and proactively identify opportunities for improvement to promote and improve a safe work environment
· Communicate with other support personnel, shift managers, and cross-functional engineering as required to drive issues to resolution
· Document all issues in accordance with established procedures to enable Pareto analysis and continuous improvement
· Work according to the 5S standards (5S – Standardize, Sustain, Sort, Shine, Set) to maintain good housekeeping in the factory
· Test, install and configure automation systems control applications
2009 - 2011 Desktop Services Technician
TekSystems/ Dell Managed Services/ AIGGS/ Blue Cross
Desktop Support Technician representing Dell Managed Services at Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield NY/US/Wellpoint
Desktop Support Technician representing AIGGS at Chartis InsuranceRemote support of Off Premise Workers using a VPN connection to a Citrix Session.
Provide troubleshooting and repair Dell desktop and laptop systems.
Re-imaging and redeployment of desktop and laptop systems for multiple departments.
Activate Blackberry devices with Verizon and BES Enterprise.
Trouble Shoot Blackberry hardware and OS Issues
Completed all changes in Inventory Control Database as needed.
Insure that computers are in the proper OU in Active Directory
Edited the system registry as needed.
Installation and Support of all Microsoft Products.
Supervised as many as 4 technicians during an ADD/MOVE/CHANGE project. There were more than a thousand moves.
Oversaw the re imaging and redeployment of several dozen systems for two other projects at the site.
DOD wiped hard drives and prepped surplus equipment for salvage.
2008 - 2009 Operator - Network Operations Center (NOC)/Consultant
TekSystems/ M/A Com - Tyco Electronics/ New York State Wireless Network Project.
Contractor for Tyco Electronics/New York State Wireless Network Project (SWN):
Monitor SWN for Quality, Fault, and Outage issues using multiple systems. Included Desktop support.
Create Trouble Tickets for issues using the BMC Remedy (ITIL) system.
Resolve Quality, Fault, and Outage issues remotely if possible.
Contact internal and external support groups for issues that can not be resolved from the NOC.
Track issues and attempt to update/resolve BMC Remedy Trouble Tickets.
Prepare reports regarding all systems and email results.
Conduct conference calls to update internal and external support groups.
Sybase database administration. UAS
Monitor remote sites for environmental and security issues.
2003 -2008 Customer Engineer
Saratoga Springs, NY
Supported multiple product lines for several dozen customer partners:
Financial - ATM Level II Technician, Alarm systems, Teller Stations, Back Office Servers, Switches, routers, and Etc.
Retail - Point of Sale Equipment. Fast Lane Self Check out Equipment (Used Norton Ghost to image units over the network.), Scanners, Scales, Signature capture pads, Printers, Back office servers, Switches, routers, and Etc.
Printing Systems - Wide Format, Laser, Thermal ink jet, dot matrix. Factory trained.
Computer Support Specialist - Dell Certified Systems Engineer / Enterprise Service Force. (Storage Area Networks - SAN) (DCSE/ESF)
Complete On site repairs for Dell's Gold and higher level customers. Dell certification. (Foundation 2008): Servers, Storage Area Networks, Desktops, Notebooks. Included PC refresh projects and Desktop support.
As a Customer Engineer, I worked from home to support these partnerships. Averaging 4+ calls per day, I traveled more than 1000 miles per week.
1987 - 2002 Production/Chemical - Operator
Ball Metal Container
Saratoga Springs, NY
Supported 4 automated aluminum beverage container production lines.
Introduced the pollution control system used in paper manufacturing to the metal container industry.
Improved processes both in our plant and for our customer's operations during customer visits.
· Basic Electronics & Mechanical Concepts Equivalency Test
· Building a Simple Ethernet Network
· Building a Simple Network
· CE Scope of Service Training
· Connecting Networks
· Connecting to Remote Networks
· Expanding the Network
· Intel Blade Server Overview
· Laser Safety and Awareness
· Revving up Your High-performance Project Team
· Windows 2000 Network and Operating System Essentials
· Windows NT Monitoring and Auditing Resources
· Data Warehousing
· Internet Security
· Unix-Advanced Level
· ITIL Foundation Level Study
· Dell Master DCSE
· Project Management - Harvard Manage Mentor
· Security Training for ATM Service Technicians - Business Model B
· The Manager as Coach and Counselor
· CompTIA A+ Technical Support
· Managing Information Systems
· Novel NetWare Service and Support
· Total Quality Management - Dr. Deming
· Seven Habits of Highly Effective People-Steven Covey
· Dell Foundation Certification. Desktops, Notebooks